- 3 eggs
- 6 slices bacon sugar & nitrate free
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups cooked chicken diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 avocado diced or sliced
- 3 stalks of green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Stovetop Method: Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Take out eggs straight from the fridge, then lower the eggs into the water gently, and let it come to a boil again. Once it does, lower the heat, and let the eggs simmer for 11 minutes. Prepare a large bowl with an ice bath. Once the eggs are done cooking, place them in the ice bath for at least 5 minutes. Peel the eggs under cold running water, then chop them.
- Instant Pot Method: Pour 1 cup of water into the Instant Pot, and place a steamer basket or the trivet it came with over the water. Place the eggs on the steamer basket or the trivet. Close the lid, and make the sure the pressure valve is set to Sealing. Cook on high on Manual for 5 minutes, and prepare an ice bath. Once it beeps to a finish, quick release the pressure for slightly soft-centered eggs (like in my photos) or let it naturally release pressure for 5 minutes for true hard-boiled eggs. Immediately transfer the eggs to the ice bath and let them cool for at least 5 minutes before peeling. Chop the eggs.
- Fry bacon slices in a pan over medium heat until even browned and crisp, about 7 minutes.
- Drain and roughly crumble. Set aside.
- Place romaine lettuce on the bottom of a large salad bowl.
- Top with chicken, eggs, bacon, cherry tomatoes, avocado, and green onions.
- In a separate bowl, combine all ingredients for the dressing and whisk together.
- Drizzle over the salad and toss together gently before serving.