- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1½ tablespoons Red Boat fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons Avocado oil and more for frying the eggs
- 2 large shallots thinly sliced
- 4 large garlic cloves peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 Thai chili peppers finely chopped
- 1½ pounds ground chicken thighs
- ½ pound green beans cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1½ cups holy, Thai, or Italian basil leaves loosely packed
- 4 large eggs
- Diamond Crystal kosher salt
In a small bowl, mix together coconut aminos and fish sauce. Set aside.
Heat a large skillet over high heat. When the pan is hot, add 2 tablespoons of avocado oil and the shallots. Cook, stirring frequently, until the shallots soften, about 1 to 2 minutes.
Add the garlic and chili peppers and stir fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Don’t burn the garlic!
Time to add the ground chicken! Cook, stirring frequently, until no longer pink—about 3 minutes.
Toss in the green beans and the reserved sauce and cook, stirring, until the beans are tender-crisp and the chicken is fully cooked, about 2 minutes.
Take the pan off the heat and stir in the basil leaves until wilted. Set aside.
Heat a small cast iron skillet over high heat. When the pan is hot, add enough avocado oil to reach ¼-inch up the sides.
Crack an egg in the pan and baste the whites and yolk with some hot oil. When the whites are golden brown on the edges and the yolks are done to your desired consistency, transfer the fried egg to a plate with a slotted fish spatula. Season the eggs with some salt. Fry the rest of the eggs the same way.
Serve the Thai Basil Chicken stir-fry over cauliflower rice and top each bowl with a crispy fried egg. When you eat it, break the yolk and let it ooze over the spicy stir-fry. It’s the perfect combination!
Sourced from: https://nomnompaleo.com/thai-basil-chicken-paleo-whole30-keto