Make your home a safe haven for you and the planet! By using non-toxic ingredients, you can reduce exposure to hazardous chemicals that negatively impact air quality. Do some research on labels for organic or eco-friendly products – it’s an easy step towards creating healthier indoor air without sacrificing environmental sustainability. You’ll be saying bye to VOCs, phthalates (and headaches!) in no time!
Having a healthy home environment is key to avoiding all sorts of respiratory issues. To keep your air clean, and pollutant-free and finally achieve building a non-toxic home, try these easy tips:
- Switch out toxic cleansers for natural ones. Choose natural cleaning products to scrub away dirt without adding any nasty toxins into the air.
- If you’re worried about the smell, opt in for essential oil diffusers instead of synthetic scents.
- Monitor humidity levels with a hygrometer. Make sure that levels of humidity aren’t too high (or low!)
- Let some fresh air flow through windows regularly by increasing ventilation circulation – even if it’s just 10 minutes per day!
- Swap hazardous furniture like foam mattresses or couches stuffed with flame retardants for eco-friendly alternatives such as organic cotton and wool.
- Smoke? Don’t do it inside.
- Also don’t forget about keeping the place tidy, since dust particles can also be major contributors to poor indoor quality.
And, check out https://www.ewg.org/ for more information on non-toxic cleaning products.