For a cookie that plays the dual role of being decadent yet plays well with a paleo and keto lifestyle, try Marybeth’s Molasses Ginger Chocolate Chip Cookie ™.
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten with whisk
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled (coconut oil can be substituted)
- 1/2 cup monk fruit sugar (coconut sugar can be substituted)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/8 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ tsp ginger
- 2 T blackstrap molasses
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (we used Lily’s)
- ½ cup any Primal Island Granola-we used blueberry
- Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg. Add melted and COOLED butter (or coconut oil), monk fruit sugar, molasses and vanilla extract.
- Next add in almond flour, coconut flour, ginger and baking soda, mixing well to combine and form a dough. Fold in dark chocolate chips and granola.
- Use an ice cream scoop or large tablespoon to place dough onto an ungreased baking sheet. Gently flatten the dough with a spatula or two fingers. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt. Bake for 15 minutes, or until edges are slightly golden brown.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. Makes approximately 12 cookies.