- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 1 small red bell pepper diced
- Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 pounds ground beef 85% lean, 15% fat
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 1 14.5 ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Red Boat fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar optional
- Sliced avocado
- Sliced scallions
- Finely diced white onions + minced cilantro
- Unsweetened coconut yogurt I like Coyo brand the best
- Lime wedges
- Press the sauté button on the Instant Pot and wait for the metal insert to heat up. Once the insert is hot, add 1 tablespoon of fat and swirl it around.
- As soon as the oil is shimmering, add the onions and bell peppers with a sprinkle of salt.
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are softened.
- Stir in the tomato paste and minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add in the ground beef, along with 1 teaspoon Diamond Crystal brand kosher salt. Brown the meat and break it up with a spatula.
- When most of the ground beef is no longer pink (5 to 7 minutes), stir in the chili powder, oregano, cumin, and cayenne pepper (optional). Combine well to distribute the fragrant spices.
- Toss in the drained diced tomatoes, broth, and fish sauce. Stir everything well, making sure the liquid reaches the bottom of the insert.
- Lock the lid and cook under high pressure for 15 minutes. (In other words, press the “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” button and set the time for 15 minutes under high pressure.)
- When the chili is finished cooking, release the pressure manually if you’re itching to eat it right away. Otherwise, you can let the pressure come down naturally and chow down when you’re ready.
- Taste the chili and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Sprinkle on some extra salt and stir in the apple cider vinegar, if desired. Taste again to see if you need to punch up the flavors.
- Ladle up the chili and serve with your favorite toppings, like sliced avocado, white onion, and cilantro!
- You can store the chili in the fridge for up to 4 days in the fridge or up to 6 months in the freezer.
Sourced from: https://nomnompaleo.com/2017052320170523instant-pot-ground-beef-chili