- 1/2 lb pre-cooked ham, diced, (can sub bacon or sausage)
- 1 bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 onion finely diced
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsbp avocado oil or other fat of choice, (we like bacon fat)
- Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
- Chop ham, bell pepper and onion as noted.
- Crack eggs in a large bowl and whisk well. Add the chopped ingredients and 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper and mix.
- Grease muffin tin with fat/oil (make sure each section is covered well from top to bottom or the eggs will stick). Or you can use muffin tin liners.
- Spoon the egg mixture into the muffin tin, filling them almost full (they will puff up while cooking).
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove and allow to cool slightly before serving. These can be refrigerated and keep well for 4-5 days (great for meal prep).
Sourced from: https://realsimplegood.com/healthy-egg-muffins/