- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 1/2 cups butternut squash cubes 1/2 inch
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 8 oz chorizo removed from casing
- 4 oz spinach
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Whisk together eggs and coconut milk, and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a 10-inch cast iron skillet or oven-safe skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion and cook stirring for 2-3 minutes until translucent.
- Add garlic and butternut squash.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook stirring for 10 minutes until the squash is al dente.
- Push the squash to the side of the the pan, add chorizo. Break it up with a spoon.
- Cook for 2 more minutes until the chorizo starts to brown, and mix everything together.
- Add spinach and stir everything together for 1 minute until the leaves are wilted.
- Turn off the heat and pour in the egg mixture, shake the skillet so the eggs are evenly distributed.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-18 minutes until the eggs are set.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes (the eggs may have puffed up but they’ll settle back down while resting) before slicing it into 6 slices.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes, parley, or your favorite toppings and herbs, and serve warm.
Sourced from: https://whatgreatgrandmaate.com/chorizo-and-butternut-squash-baked-eggs-paleo-whole30/#recipe